Opening on the VTL Board – Director of Events
The Vancouver Tool Library is currently seeking a
Director of Events to join the Board of Directors.
About The VTL
The Vancouver Tool Library (VTL) is a cooperative tool lending library located at 3448 Commercial Street. We carry a wide variety of tools for home repair, gardening, and bicycle maintenance, which are loaned to our members free of charge. We also offer affordable workshops on tool related skills and projects. We are motivated by a vision of our community empowered by the tools and skills needed to transform their homes and communities into vibrant spaces that reflect a commitment to sustainability. More information is available on our website, at www.vancouvertoollibrary.com
The VTL Board of Directors is a group of seven people (all volunteers) who are responsible for representing our Members’ interests and overseeing the business and long term direction of the organization. This is a volunteer position that requires a time commitment of approximately 20 hours per month to complete the responsibilities outlined below.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervise the VTL Events and Communications Officer in the planning and coordination of two workshops per month
- Work with the VTL Events and Communications Officer to plan and coordinate major fundraising events
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of the organization
- Represent the VTL in a professional and friendly manner
- Attend monthly Events and Communications Committee meetings
- Attend monthly Board meetings
- Read and respond to VTL emails in a timely manner
Qualifications of the applicant
- Interested in working in a non-profit environment
- Experience fundraising and/or event planning
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Professional communicator
- Grow your personal network by meeting and working with a great Board and Volunteer group
- Learn and gain professional experience in a leadership role
- Opportunity to learn about tools and gain the skills needed to use them
- Personal satisfaction of contributing to a non-profit community organization
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 7th, 2012.
We look forward to hearing from you!