Member fees and benefits
VTL membership entitles you to access to our tool inventory and allow you to register for workshops at a reduced price. Because the VTL is a cooperative, your membership also gives you the opportunity to participate in the governance and decision making of our organization.
Member Fees for Individuals
The VTL offers an affordable, community-based alternative to personal tool ownership or traditional tool rental.
– Year one: $20 member share + $45 annual maintenance fee
– Year two (and beyond): $45 annual maintenance fee
– We also offer a sliding scale pricing option. Come and talk to us in the shop!
Member Fees for Organizations
We offer memberships for non-profits, cooperatives, and small businesses. This type of membership allows up to five authorized users of the organization to have access to our tool inventory and offer several special provisions that are designed to address the unique needs associated with organizations’ schedules and capacity. Base rates are as follows; for more information, check out our info sheet or please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Year one: $20 member share + $140 annual maintenance fee
– Year two (and beyond): $140 annual maintenance fee
- Hand tools can be borrowed for no charge
- B-Class Power tools can be borrowed for $1/day, up to 10 days
- C-Class Power tools can be borrowed for $5/day, up to 10 days
- C-Class Power tools include pressure washers and bench-top planers
Loan Period and Late Fees
Tools may be borrowed for up to 10 days. Late fines of $1/day for hand tools, $2/day for B-Class Power Tools and $10/day for C-Class Power tools apply to any tool returned past its due date.
Preview the forms we’ll have you read to become a member:
Ready to sign up!? You can do so during our shop hours, which are listed on the contact page .