We are seeking a motivated individual to join our team as the VTL’s General Manager! See below for more information or click here for the PDF version of the job posting.
About The VTLC
The Vancouver Tool Library Cooperative (VTLC) is a cooperative tool lending library at 3448 Commercial Street. We are motivated by a vision of our community empowered by the tools and skills needed to transform their homes and communities into vibrant spaces that reflect a commitment to sustainability. To get there, we are developing a community resource that will reduce the costs of improving and greening the places in which we live, work and play.
Shop Managers Roles and Responsibilities
- Work two to three shop shifts a week at the VTLC’s location; this includes at least two weekday shifts, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday from 4 PM to 8 PM.
- Tend to the shop to ensure it is clean, safe, organized and welcoming for Members.
- Recruit, schedule and train volunteers in a variety of roles.
- Enroll new Members to the library and promote the renewal of existing Memberships.
- Effectively manage and maintain the tool inventory and ensure its utility for VTLC Members.
- Reliably update and maintain our website, social media and other communications.
- Identify opportunities for, and coordinate, VTLC events and workshops.
- Work effectively with the direction and assistance of the Board of Directors.
- Attend monthly Board meetings and other appropriate business engagements.
Qualifications of the Applicant
- Experience in a managerial and/or administrative role is essential.
- Experience in a tool or trade related field is essential.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and the ability to take initiative in developing VTLC services.
- Knowledge of how to fix and maintain a variety of tools and equipment an asset.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment and with a volunteer board an asset.
- Experience working in volunteer coordination and management an asset.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and in a professional manner.
- Grow your personal network by working in one of Vancouver’s most dynamic and innovative community organizations.
- Learn and gain professional experience in a leadership role.
- Be part of a progressive organization with diverse Membership that provides tool and skill access to people of all identities, backgrounds, and abilities.
- Opportunity to develop skills with the tools and equipment used by makers, renovators, gardeners, crafters, and DIY enthusiasts.
- An opportunity to work closely with a passionate, skilled and fun group of volunteers.
The Vancouver Tool Library is committed to employment equity. Applications from members of the LGBTQ community, indigenous peoples, persons of colour, women, and people with disabilities are encouraged. Unfortunately, our shop is not fully wheelchair accessible at this time.
Please send your resume and a statement of interest to email@example.com. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. We look forward to hearing from you!