The Vancouver Tool Library will be holding our annual Garage Sale on Saturday, April 7th from 9am-3pm! No earlybirds!
We’re doing some spring cleaning and getting rid of duplicate power tools, hand tools, gardening tools sewing, machines, and lots of other accessories. Come get some cheap tools and support your local Tool Library!
The Vancouver Tool Library is seeking a volunteer Financial Coordinator and volunteer Tool Coordinator. These two roles are vital to VTL’s operations and require dedicated, reliable individuals to manage these profiles. If you are interested in volunteering with the VTL in either of these roles, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteering with the Vancouver Tool Library is a super rewarding experience! By volunteering, you’re joining an amazing team of progressive, handy people who are working to make our community more sustainable and resilient through the sharing of tools and skills. Also, after volunteering for 3 months, VTL volunteers have their annual memberships waived. Get in touch with us and get involved!
– Works with the Treasurer to oversee the finances of the Tool Library.
– Works with the General Manager and other coordinators to develop and maintain ongoing budget.
– Produces a monthly financial statement for the Board of Directors.
– Deposits cash on a monthly basis.
– Responsible for the payment of rent and bills.
– Responsible for staff paychecks.
– Bookkeeping for a small non-profit.
– Delivering financial reports to a Board of Directors.
– Experience with Xero accounting software is an asset.
– Procures, organizes, and maintains the VTL tool collection to ensure member needs are met and exceeded.
– Works closely with General Manager to develop accurate tool purchase and repair expense budgets.
– Ensures that weekly tool maintenance checks and inventory updates are being done and repairs or replaces tools as necessary.
– Ensures inventory of consumable tool accessories (eg. saw blades).
– Develops tool information packages including a comprehensive safety plan.
– Coordinates the actions of the Tool Committee to aid in meeting the above responsibilities.
– Maintaining and repairing power tools and hand tools.
– Awareness of tool purchasing.
VTL Members! Happy to announce we now have a serger in our inventory. Yours to borrow for just $1/day!
A lovely human being just donated this 14″ band saw! Come and get it! $1/day for VTL members!
One of our members used one of our drill/driver sets to hang this lovely tea and spice shelf, slowly improving their lives and building resilience! Nice work people!