Become a Member
VTL membership entitles you to free access to our tool inventory (late fees will apply for any tool returned after its due date) and allow you to register for workshops we will be running on tool-related skills and projects.
Because the VTL is a cooperative, your membership also gives you the opportunity to participate in the governance and decision making of our organization.
The VTL offers an affordable, community-based alternative to personal tool ownership or traditional tool rental.
– Year one: $20 member share + $45 annual maintenance fee
– Year two (and beyond): $45 annual maintenance fee
Low income or student rates:
– Year one: $20 member share + $30 annual maintenance fee
– Year two (and beyond): $30 annual maintenance fee
-Year one: $20 member share + $140 annual maintenance fee
– Year two (and beyond): $140 annual maintenance fee
* To qualify as an organization member the applicant must be a: Non-profit, cooperative, or a small business. This type of membership allows up to five authorized users of the organization to have access to our tool inventory. For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Loan Period and Late Fees
Tools may be borrowed for up to five days, but members are encouraged to return tools as soon as they are finished using them. Late fines of $2/day for power tools and $1/day for hand tools apply to any tool returned past its due date. That means, borrow on….
- Tuesday to return on Sunday
- Wednesday to return on Tuesday
- Thursday to return on Tuesday
- Friday to return on Wednesday
- Saturday to return on Thursday
- Sunday to return on Friday
Preview the forms we’ll have you read to become a member:
Ready to sign up!? You can do so in person during our shop hours, which are listed on the contact page.