Recruiting for “Build It” Volunteer Program
The VTL is now accepting application for “Build It!” – Our Summer Volunteer Program
“Build It” is a program that aims to support our volunteers as they become more involved with their community while developing their personal skill set in tool use and woodworking. Over the six month duration of the program, participants work one shift per week at the VTL and receive monthly training and workshops, as well as all the necessary materials, to support them completing their dream wood working project.
Program Participants’ Commitment to Us:
- A weekly volunteer shift in the VTL shop
- Dedication and commitment to the VTL’s principles and values
Our Commitment to Participants:
- The materials, parts and tools to work on a project
- Monthly training and workshops on how to build your dream project
Program participants will be working in the shop on a weekly basis and will become the frontline face of the VTL, representing us to our members. The VTL expects the following qualification out of applications:
- Honesty and integrity in the work that they do
- A strong willingness to learn
- Familiarity with the Vancouver Tool Library. Familiarity with coops a plus.
- Customer service experience
Interested in gaining tool skills while volunteering a the VTL? Apply for the program today by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include a resume & paragraph on your dream project and why you’d like to participate in the program. Applications due Sunday June 10th, 5:00pm