We’re Hiring an Events and Promotions Officer
UPDATE, June 14 2012: The application phase has passed and we will be announcing our new hire soon!
We are very excited to announce that we will be hiring a part time Events and Promotions Coordinator this summer! We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to work along side our Board of Directors to help plan and promote the exciting workshops and events that the VTL runs. Interested in applying? Check out the full job description below, and get in touch with us at email@example.com when you’re ready to apply. Deadline is Sunday June 3rd at 5:00pm.
Please help us find the right person by passing this job posting on to any great candidates you know.
The VTL is currently seeking an Events & Promotion Officer to join our team.
About The VTL
The Vancouver Tool Library (VTL) is a cooperative tool lending library at 3448 Commercial Street. We are motivated by a vision of our community empowered by the tools and skills needed to transform their homes and communities into vibrant spaces. To get there, we’ve created a community resource that will reduce the costs of improving and greening the places in which we live, work, and play. More information is available on our website, at www.vancouvertoollibrary.com
This is a contract position paying $720/Month for the fulfillment of the duties below (which we anticipate will take 12-15 hours per week)
Events and Promotions Officer’s Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify member demand for the frequency and type of workshops to be held
- Identify potential facilitators of workshops and enlist their participation
- Develop, schedule, and promote workshop series (approximately one workshop per month)
- Book and coordinate tabling and fundraising events
- Develop monthly newsletter content in collaboration with the Director of Communications and help build the newsletter subscriber list
- Update social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and blog, regularly
- Ensure all website material is up to date
- Coordinate the distribution of posters and other marketing materials for VTL events
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of the organization
- Represent the VTL in a professional and friendly manner when working with volunteers, community partners, and the general public
- Attend monthly committee meeting with Director of Communications and Director of Events
Qualifications of the applicant
- Demonstrated commitment to community development and education
- Aligned with the values and mission of the VTL
- Prior experience in education, workshop, or event planning preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Interest in working in a non-profit environment
- Professional communicator
- Excellent skills planning group activities
- Proficient using social media and online communication tools including facebook, twitter, gmail, google calendar, and a wordpress blog
- Experience in a tool/trades related field is preferred but not essential
- Grow your personal network by meeting and working with a great Board and Volunteer group
- Learn and gain professional experience in a leadership role
- Opportunity to learn about tools and gain the skills needed to use them
- Personal satisfaction of contributing to a non-profit community organization
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday June 3rd @ 5:00 PM. We look forward to hearing from you!